What should I do to not waste time?
Last updated: Apr 29, 2019
After leaving an intimate relationship a few weeks ago, I realized I have much more free time and get bored more frequently. I’d not used to being alone often. Though it was a long-distance, I spent at least 2 hours per day chatting and talking.
So the day becomes longer and I sometimes feel empty. It pressures me to look into my life more deeply. What am I missing? What should I do that will worth my time and effort?
I need to reevaluate my life. So I decided to examine what’s really worth it. I’ve not concluded yet, but here are several things I found valuable no matter what, and I found this time is not wasted:
- Learning new crafts: whether it is an online course or piano lessons, I found it a great investment of time, and I feel great after completing them. In Vietnam I often find it easier to take classes since they are cheaper. When I come back I’ll definitely take classes.
- Meditation: it has been my life-long goal, and it’s one of the best investments in my life.
- Reading: read something worth reading. Read-it-apps are my treasure when it comes to this. And a collection of books I have on my phone and my iPad.
- Blogging: Today I’ve been blogging for more than 5 hours and I feel great. I don’t procrastinate and this feels like what I should often do in my free time.
- Spend time talking with my friends: It’s worth it in the long run.
These activities fulfill my day. I can do it, though sometimes I feel bored for no reasons. I don’t need to have much money to travel to all of places. I just need a some technologies allowing me to read, write, share and meditate. That’s enough. Other than that are just gravy.