My first weeknote (April 28 2019)
Last updated: Apr 30, 2019
A main reason I have this blog is because I want to archive my weekly learning logs, and a blog is a great way to preserve them. I might read very interesting articles a few years back but now I remember nothing. As everyone has to forget things in order to remember new things, I think writing is a great way to forget, as Taleb once said.
Another rationale is it helps to keep my routine going. I (and you too) learn something every week. So even if I face writers’ blocks, I still can write something at the end of the week. Just like online courses, the key to success is not that you have ideas to write every day, but to just do it, every day, then I will find a way to complete them.
So here is my week note for the last week in April 2019:
- I finished Show Your Work by Austin Kleoin and it inspires me to share stuffs to other people. I’ve just written diaries and it is a comfort zone I set for myself. But I find it not very rewarding. Now I take more audience into consideration and I can now find ways to improve my writing.
- Pinkcast by Daniel Pink has so many great tips. I love his book To Sell is Human too.
Movies I watched:
- If a Cat Disappeared from the World: I could not focus watching this film. I like the idea of it, but I’d rather watch anime series instead of this. A lot of anime series are just brilliant and beautiful.
- An incredibly beautiful anime: Your Name. It is rated as #2 on MAL so I have to watch it. They have a very modern setting I like a lot. Character designs are beautiful although the romantic theme is quite boring. Overall I like it.
Things I’ve learned:
- I’m learning to care more about my health recently because I’ve realized I have bad habits and have persisted for too long. They have been like this for several years and I refused to learn more about it. Like my diet. So I’m practicing intermittent fasting and I feel great. I only eat one meal per day on average and my appetite is still functioning well.
- My posture matters a lot. My neck can get hurt if I bow down too much. My lung needs a lot of care since I’d been playing table tennis for a long time and I bent down many times per day to collect ping pong balls. This is why many table tennis players cannot have straight postures.
- Avoid addictive food: I have applied it for a long term and try to avoid these unhealthy snacks as much as possible but sometimes I still fall for them. It’s not good for my teeth and my health. The more I don’t eat them the easier it is to not eat them.
- https://devonzuegel.com/post/independence-for-whom: I mindlessly travelled without journaling again. This happens a lot when I travel with others. Reading Devon’s blog inspires me to write and observe more.